The rotary parlour’s operators are positioned in one location for the task being performed. The operators will only leave their stations to attend to a cow or machine with a problem. The rotary parlour’s continuous cow flow makes it possible for the milker to work without any interruptions because the operator does not assist the cow flow and can totally concentrate on the essential milking tasks. Rotary parlours provide very good working conditions for the operator. They offer a safe and consistent working environment. Platform entry, pre-milking work routine, milking unit attachment and cow exit from the rotary parlour are always constant.
- Benefits of rotary milking
- •Cows have a very short walking distance in to the milking stall.
- •Cows are brought to the operator. The operator does not waste time walking from cow to cow.
- •The platform operating continuously at a constant speed controls the pace of the operators.
- •The platform speed is adjusted to the group’s milking ability.
- •Each cow is provided with equal time for milk-out.
- •Group size is not important. There is no problem with extra cows or short loads.
- •Each cow has her own stall. This stall looks the same at every milking. The cow is not affected by movements and disturbances caused by a cow in an adjacent stall.
- •New cows learn what to do very easily. They simply follow the previous cow on to the platform.
- •Rotary parlours fit very well in to a dairy layout. Cow traffic management is very easy with single entry and exit lanes. The single exit lane makes sorting to a treatment area very easy.
- DeLaval offers two types of DeLaval rotary milking systems – the PR (Parallel Rotary) and the HBR (Herringbone Rotary). The cows face inwards and the milkers stand on the outside of the platform in the PR system, while the cows face out and the milkers stand on the inside of the platform in the HBR system.
- During 2010, the DeLaval AMR was unveiled, this is the automatic milking rotary for larger herd sizes.
DeLaval Parallel Rotary PR2250
PR2250 provides all the benefits of rotary milking, with a significant extra benefit – the rotary is configured to suit the individual requirements of each farm. Your rotary will be tailored to fit your farm.
DeLaval parallel rotary PR3100HD
The fastest rotary system around ensuring high quality, high performance and a fast return on your investment.