DeLaval – driving progress in milk production
DeLaval has more than 125 years of experience in the dairy business resulting in a leading market position. More than 4500 employees are working in 115 countries, providing solutions in the capital goods and aftermarket area while taking care of millions of cows per day. Innovation drives us and while expanding into new segments our vision of sustainable food production always ranks first.
DeLaval is a company of the Tetra Laval Group.
DeLaval Services GmbH is looking for a
Sourcing Manager (m/f)
Sourcing Manager implements and maintains global commodity strategies for the purchasing categories of DeLaval, takes care for contract coverage, cost efficiency targets for assigned suppliers, continuously defines strategic sourcing opportunities and cooperate with other departments to execute it.
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing opportunities and plans for assigned supplier base
- Create, implement and maintain strategy for purchasing categories
- Responsible for total spend in purchasing with assigned suppliers (total cost of sourcing for all receiving units)
- Responsible to meet cost efficiency targets
- Responsible for the evaluation and classification of assigned suppliers
- Create and implement cost reduction opportunities and goals
- Continuously support that cost and expense budgets are optimized
- Personal compliance with DeLaval Code of conduct
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience within strategic sourcing, supply chain or purchasing
- University degree or equivalent (engineering or economics profile is preferable)
- Experience from international sourcing with commercial conditions and in developing strategic partnerships
- Experience in purchasing dairy farm supplies
- Practical knowledge of European supplier base for dairy farm supplies will be an advantage
- Experience in projects aiming at cost optimization or efficiency improvement
- Fluent English is a must, other languages would be an asset
- Cross functional cultural team player
- Strong integrity with proactive mind set
- Passion for driving continuous improvements
- Ability to understand and see connections between figures and facts.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Experience from various management tools as ISO 9000, ISO 14000, TQM and modern ERP-system is required
- An interesting and future oriented position in an international, dynamic and motivated team
- A wide and innovative product assortment
- Self dependant and diversified position in a growing department
The position is placed in Glinde, Germany and you will be positioned in our Global Sourcing Team.
Please apply by sending your application letter and resume to email@example.com.
DeLaval Services GmbH
Ann-Kristin Bendig, HR
Neu Galliner Ring 6