DeLaval currently has a full-time vacancy for a Product Specialist PR Rotaries Grasslands Farming working for the global organisation located in Hamilton NZ, reporting to the Product/Systems Manager located offshore.
DeLaval Rotary Milking Systems are milking some of the largest dairy herds on all continents of the globe and are a big part of a continuously expanding market. As a key member of the Global Rotary Milking Systems Team, you will provide specialist product knowledge and work closely with our product development team and key external stakeholders to improve our product performance with Rotary Milking Systems in the dairy industry across the globe.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about product development. You with have a strong background in Mechanical Engineering and knowledge of the grasslands Dairy business. You would be required to work on the global platform in the development and maintenance of DeLaval parallel Rotary Milking Systems. Thus there is an expectation that you will travel at least five times per annum to other DeLaval Grassland farming markets.
In this Global role, your duties for your portfolio will include:
- Lead Product requirement definitions and follow-up
- Lead improvement of product quality and secure product safety: prioritization, customer complaints and warranty claims resolutions
- Lead improvement of product cost
- Set pricing of new and existing solutions
- For external projects: Project management of Research & Development and maintenance projects
- Product life cycle management including phase-in, maintenance and phase-out of articles in the global assortment.
- Leads creation of the competence material from the Product / System side
- Responsible for Product documentation, compliance, technical support and performance follow-up with focus on product requirements and consistent improvement of quality
- Conduct training and impart knowledge to the market areas
You will have:
- University degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Science or Agriculture
- Advanced Technical knowledge
- Extensive Autocad and/or Solid Works knowledge
- Working experience with ERP systems (SAP Preferred)
- The ability to work in cross functional as well as in cross cultural team
- Excellent relationship management skills
- The ability to present to a multi-cultural audience
This is your chance to join an international industry leader and become part of an exceptional team culture. At DeLaval, employees enjoy new challenges, professional growth and the satisfaction of working for a company that goes to all lengths to understand and work alongside their customers.
If you are committed to quality have a drive to succeed with the ability to build strong relationships and possess a passion for continuous improvement — Apply Now
About the Organisation
DeLaval Ltd is a global leading supplier to the dairy business, supporting dairy farmers in managing their farms, their way. The business offers products, systems and services for all steps of milk production, with a focus on reducing their environmental footprint whilst improving food production, profitability and the well-being of the people and animals involved.
Founded more than 125 years ago in Sweden, DeLaval now has 4500 employees and operates in more than 115 countries that cater to customers with livestock size ranging from 1 to 50,000 animals. Together with the Tetra Laval Group, DeLaval owns one of the most well-known brands in the world. DeLaval's New Zealand office is based in Hamilton, and services customers throughout both the north and south islands. The Australia office is based in Melbourne.
DeLaval constantly strives to improve the daily work for all dairy producers, empowering them to control their business and lifestyle by providing complete solutions and service.