Technology nowadays plays a large role in providing excellent care for calves. Implementing it properly is critical to improving the wellness and development of your calves.
Led by Dr. Robert James, Ph.D., PAS, a series of eight free webinars throughout the year will cover everything you need to know. Dr. James is a top expert in group calf feeding and Emeritus Professor from Virginia Tech University.
Use the links below to sign up, and be sure to check back often for recordings of each webinar.
Dates and Topics:
- March 16: Critical points for calf rearing (View the recorded webinar)
- April 13: Dry cow and calving management (View the recorded webinar)
- May 4: Feeding the newborn - foundations for success
- June 8: Feeding the preweaned calf - meeting nutrient requirements for growth
- July 6: Advantages and limitations for individual & group housing systems
- September 7: Choosing the calf feeder system
- October 12: Facilities for group housing systems
- November 2: Managing the calf feeder system