DelPro FarmManager 5.5 is developed with your help, our users that share great practical feedback and together we develop the tools to support daily decision making on your farms. Here are the latest features and improvements, based on your feedback in FarmManager, part of the ultimate farm management platform: DeLaval DelPro.
Never forget to refresh the monitor board or your favourite report again
The monitor board is the centre of your DelPro FarmManager. It is crucial that whenever you access information through the monitor board it presents information updated in real time. To make sure you never forget to refresh the information again, we implemented a feature that enables the monitor board to be refreshed at your chosen interval. Whenever you come back from the barn and you look at the monitor board again, you are sure the find the most up to date information you need. You can activate this feature within the farm settings menu, “General” tab – activate the setting “Monitor Board Auto Refresh”.
In addition, we have also added this feature for reports that you keep open in FarmManager. You can therefore be sure that the information presented in your favourite report is always up to date, without having to reopen or refresh it! Just select the desired refresh interval within the report.
Thumbs up or down? Record animal health checks
We understand that the transition period is the most important period of your animals’ lactation. Whenever you implement a set routine to inspect every fresh animal daily for let’s say the first week (invited through a vet visit) – at the end of the week you have the possibility to record a “health check event”. This is a NEW event type added in DelPro FarmManager 5.5. For the health check event you have two possible outcomes:
- the cow is health
- the cow is not healthy.
When an animal is found to be not healthy you have the choice to:
- Add a health treatment event for the animal
- invite the animal to the next planned vet visit
- just record the “not healthy” event which allows you to work with additional report items and filters to keep track of the animal effectively. This will keep the focus on those cows that need it most, your fresh cows!!
Whenever you face non-cyclic cows, you can add them to a timed AI protocol
One of your biggest challenges for a profitable dairy is to make sure your animals are pregnant. Whilst you have multiple tools in DelPro to find your cows in heat, to make sure they are inseminated to start with, you will always have cows that are non-cyclic. She could be prolonged anoestrus or face problems with cysts. Whatever the diagnosis, you can now easily invite animals to timed AI protocols. This way you make sure you keep cows in focus and with daily reminders to treat them for the abnormality to get them in calf sooner.
The little details matter
The above improvements and new features is not all that has been added to DelPro FarmManager 5.5. For your reference, you will find below a short overview of additional improvements that might be of interest to you – because we know the little details also matter.
- For automatic ration calculation, we have now designed a new report that shows cows with an unsuccessful ration changes according to the calculation. This report is now by default on your monitor board.
- The order of the events that you can record is now following a standard in how we believe it will fit your routines best. With the group change, the most frequently used event, presented first.
- The graphs presented for each animal is improved to create greater visibility on different reproduction events. You will find different colours per reproduction event, abortion events are now visible and you get details of health treatments within the graph.
- Additional report items are also added with this release. You will now find data on: Last days dry (last lactation), Exit date and age at first calving.
- You can now also save a filter built inside the report as a “user defined filter”. This allows you to re-use the filter in other reports you created.
- The vet visit gives you more options to record events directly from the invited animals window. The new “health check” function is incorporated here.
- The Herd event list has more columns to choose from. Right click on a column and choose “column chooser”.
- Within the Semen inventory module, we have implemented features that gives you the option to manage: Split semen straws, label semen as being sexed semen and you can record the semen company.
- It is now also possible to copy/paste created SOPs so you can reuse and adjust your SOPs quicker.
Note: For any questions relating to compatibility of DelPro FarmManager 5.5 with your farm, please contact your DeLaval representative.