Don’t just push feed, remix it with DeLaval OptiDuo™. Instead of compressing feed, we remix it - making it much more appetising for cows. Ideal for farms operating a once-a-day feeding frequency
- Dual-action: Repositioning and Refreshing feed
- Able to move large volumes of feed back to the feed fence
- Operates safely
- Scroll down to view the OptiDuo in action, on farm.
- More frequent and higher feed intake
- More milk
- 24/7 feed availability
The unique rotating action of the OptiDuo™ refreshes feed as it is automatically repositioned back onto the feed table. This makes the feed more attractive to cows, increasing consumption which means more milk.
Increased Work Efficiency
- Saves time
- Reduces workload
- Adaptive drive: handles different feed types and volumes automatically
Manually pushing feed is a time consuming task that will be a thing of the past. Because of this it is a job that is sometimes skipped when things get busy. The OptiDuo™ is working 24/7, right on schedule.
Improved Animal Welfare
- Cows visit the feed table more often
- Improved cow traffic
- Less competition at the feed table
OptiDuo™ remixes feed and then repositions it evenly along the feed table. This leads to less sorting and a more even distribution of feed, which means less stress for low ranked animals.
- More appealing feed from first to last pass
- Handles different feed types with ease
- Automatically adjusts for different feed volumes
Because previously sorted feed is not simply pushed back in front of the cow who rejected it, sorting is reduced and there is less feed wastage and less time is spent removing leftover feed waste.
- Reliable navigation system
- Automatically stops through safety sensors
- Automatically restarts when it is safe
The reliable advanced navigation with the certainty of induction lines means that your OptiDuo™ will always be where you want it to be, with no unexpected movements. This certainty, when combined with advanced sensors that automatically stop the OptiDuo™ if it is obstructed by a person or animal and automatically restart only once the way is clear; have created the safest solution available.
Also works with large volumes and different types of feed
- Able to operate with larger feed volumes
- Able to adjust to different feed types
- More flexibility means fewer stoppages
A feature that only OptiDuo™ has is Adaptive Drive. Adaptive Drive means that your OptiDuo™ is able to handle and adapt to different feed types and quantities. Not only will it adjust it´s speed, but also change track where necessary, to ensure your cows are always presented with the best feed.
More feed intake, less leftovers
- Add concentrate as a teaser, e.g. during the last pass along the feed table
- Improve consumption even more
OptiDuo™ has the option: concentrate dispenser. Different types of concentrates can be dispensed as a teaser, mostly during the last pass
DeLaval VMS™ milking system V300
DeLaval VMS™ V300 is all about making dairy farming more personal. More accurate. More profitable. It is a system that allows us to treat each farm, each farmer, each cow, even each teat – individually – and to customise the process to meet each individual’s needs, to create a better place to be for workers, cows, you and your families.