Dairy farmers are well aware that the health of their herd’s hooves is essential to maximum milk production and quality, and DeLaval’s hoof care products ensures that cows are always well cared-for.
- Extensive in-house research and development
- Environmentally-friendly solutions
- Reduces economic impact of poor hoof health
Hoof care is not just about hooves
DeLaval takes a “total hoof care” approach, catering not just for the hooves, but also the environment in which the cows spend their time. Doing so ensures that both the symptoms and the causes of hoof problems are dealt with quickly, safely and comprehensively.
Stop infection in its tracks
Infection problems are growing as a hoof health issue and limiting their spread through collective or individual treatments is key to maintaining good hoof health. DeLaval has developed and thoroughly tested a number of effective solutions in this area.
Prevent hoof problems
DeLaval’s “total hoof care” approach recommends that, apart from regular hoof baths, herds should also be assessed for lameness and actions taken to treat those animals that suffer from it. A risk assessment should be carried out on every farm to identify possible causes, and protocols implemented to prevent further problems. The combination of best practices and DeLaval’s market-leading hoof care products help farmers maintain a healthy herd and a profitable farm.
DeLaval Automatic Footbath AFB1000
Maintain an effective hoof care programme in your herd while saving time and money. Cost-efficient automation which minimises manual labour: program it to your requirements and it will automatically fill, dose, flush and replenish.
- Saves labour, is consistent and improves safety
- Fits your farm protocols, multiple footbath options
- Efficient use of water and chemicals through optimal dimensions
- Heavy duty stainless steel construction with anti-slip rubber mat
DeLaval PVC footbath
The grass-coloured portable footbath is impact proof, chemical proof, cold resistant, anti-slip and easy to place in the cow’s path without the need for digging.
- Long service life due to durable materials
- Easy to move and clean
- Size: 2000 x 850 x 160 mm
A premium hoof disinfectant developed to manage hoof infections by limiting the spread of bacteria in your herd. Since it’s formulated with a new environmental approach using organic acids, EasyStride™ is completely free of heavy metals, formaldehyde and quaternary ammonium compounds (QAC) – making it safe and compliant with even the most demanding requirements from modern dairy processors.
- Applicable via footbath or spray
- Highly effective hoof care solution
- Available from your vet or your local DeLaval Dealer