"Since installing VMS V300 cows are much more relaxed and chilled"
Tintur Farm decided to purchase a 5 DeLaval VMS V300 in March 2018, starting milking in October 2019. The farm has a herd of high yielding Holstein cows which were not reaching their genetic potential using a conventional milking and feeding system.
The VMS V300 has allowed Roger the farm manager see increasing yields due to the availability to milk fresh and high yielding cows more often with targeted feeding reducing feed and labour costs
“At Tintur Farm we chose robotic milkingbecause labour was our new quota, with a lack of skilled, reliable help we couldn’t get the man power to milk cows the third time despite the cow’s potential. Since installing VMS V300 we can milk the cows to suit their production, feet and fertility have improved, feed is being better utilised with the help of the BCS camera and the cows are much more relaxed and chilled.” says Roger.
This dairy farm is part of a large estate with many enterprises.
• Dairy farm uses 330 acres of the overall estate - 8,000 litres Per Day.
• 9,500L cows.
• 260 milking cows with plans to expand quickly.
• 38 kg average production.
• 2.7 milking’s per cow.
• 5 DeLaval VMS V300 were installed at Tinter Farm in October 2018 replacing a 32x32 low line conventional milking system with drafting.
• Breeding strategy since 2015 has been focused for robotic cows selecting American sires with high milk solids and fertility.
• Due to the genetics of the herd Roger chose a DeLaval Feed First traffic system as he wanted achieve high concentrate intakes at the feed fence within the TMR.
OBJECTIVES FROM THE MAIN CUSTOMER CHALLENGES:
• Animal welfare: milk fresh and high producing cows more often improving yield while improving udder health and longevity.
• Work efficiency: a more flexible working environment with less reliance on additional labour.
• Food safety: improving milk quality using DeLaval Online Cell Counter and fast identification of sick cows.
• Farm profitability: reducing labour while increasing yields is the main driver behind this project with the added reallocating feed to the animals who actually need it rather than passengers.
MAIN BENEFITS FROM THE VMS™ MILKING SYSTEM V300:
• Increase in yield.
• Guided Traffic system allowing a high concentrate TMR to be fed without having to fetch cows.
• System Reliability.
• Reduction in concentrate and chemical usage.
• Accurate attachment with no teaching of teats.
• Teat preparation and milk let down maintaining teat condition and udder health.
• 34% average idle time
• 2.7 average milking’s per day
• 95% attachment rate
• 7.05 average minutes per milking
• 14.1kg/s average per milking
• 1.98kg/min average flow rate